Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Genetics

I have had a run with my genetics the past few days! I did a body fat and VO2 max test. The results were ok but not great.(We were told that the results were affected by genes. So I can blame my results on that!) Then I went to the Dr. for my ITB pain. He told me that my hips were the problem due to genetics. So I started physical therapy today. Hopefully to correct some of the problem so I can do the marathon that I signed up for. Kris.... How are your genes working for you?

Shane has not been working for the past month or so. It has been a adjustment for him. We drove to Logan last night for some dinner and some errands. There was a man standing on the side of the rode with the sign "Will Work For Food". Shane thought that he might give that a try. As soon as they can get cement in we can start work!

Car update. We have decided on getting another Honda Accord. There are many reasons for this decision. The kids are not very happy about it, but since they are not paying for the new car they have no say! I keep watching KSL classifieds everyday trying to find the right one at a good deal!

We are starting to get ready for our annual trip to Moab. The kids are so excited to go! It is always a blast when we go!

No comments:

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.