Sunday, June 29, 2008

Comings and Goings


I thought that I would post a picture of my exercise room that is being built. It won't be to much longer until it is ready to use. Shane is really tired of me stinking up his gun room. The best part is I don't even have to bug him about getting it done, he just wants me out of his room.


On Sat. afternoon Shane took all of us to work to set bolts. It was really hot. Jace was hovering in the shade. He had on black exercise pants and a navy shirt. I told him to take off his shirt so he wouldn't be so hot. He told me that it was his pants making him hot and asked if he could just take those off. He looked so miserable that I just said yes. Here we are just off of 10th West in Logan with Jace in his white boxer briefs. Boy, did he perk up when he got his clothes off and he cooled down. It didn't take too long for Shane to tell him to get his pants back on. (It was funny for a few minutes, wish that I had my camera!)


This week I am planning to run a 4th of July race. It is a 15k. My body has had a hard time recovering from the Wasatch Back Race. I am hoping to get a PR on this race. (We'll see.)

No comments:

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.