Monday, July 7, 2008

Holiday Weekend


I think that I achieved a PR for my race on the 4th of July, but it was still not as good as I had hoped. I will have to do this race again next year to do better!!


We had a good holiday weekend. We went over to the cabin in Bear Lake. The kids had a great time. It always nice to go and have a break from the everyday stuff. Then on Sunday we traveled down to North Ogden to baby Trey's blessing. It was really nice to go down and see and visit with the family.


So as I have been talking to various people and reading different blogs, I am wondering what the heck I was thinking when I registered for LOTOJA. Miles has totally been training and it sounds like he is going to rock on the race! My friend Sara recently changed her entry in the race to a relay team due to an injury. I am excited for the challenge, but at the same time it scares me to death! On Sunday morning I did 51.5 miles with some hills. My legs were still pretty tired from the 4th race. Tomorrow morning Heidie and I are going to climb Strawberry Canyon. (Emmigration-part of the LOTOJA course)


I had a little oops at tennis today... I am in charge of using the ball picker upper, because I run while I pick up the balls. Today I got a little close to the fence. The ball thing stopped rather abruptly and I went over the handle landing flat on my face on the court. It was a way lot embarrassing to be laying face down on the court, with people watching. No injuries--just my feel bads.



1 comment:

Miles: said...

I'm anxious to hear about strawberry. Good luck on it.

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.