Monday, August 11, 2008

Bear Lake Week/Weekend


Heidie and I attempted our 100 mile ride on Weds morning. We ended up with only 90 miles. We had several mishaps. My bike had seat issues, so I ended riding with the seat all the way down for 20 miles. Heidie got a flat on the railroad tracks which also ruined her tire. So we rode to Al's and spent a hour there making repairs. On Weds. morning we are planning to ride 80 miles on the LOTOJA course.


Jace and Arie spent the week at our cabin with Grandma Ellen and Chalisa (& kids). I was back and forth for the week. I picked them up on Fri. afternoon and we went and met my family at the Ideal Beach Resort. Shane and JT came over late Fri. night. On Sat. morning we went out on Miles's new sweet boat! JT tried wake boarding and got up. Jace gave it a try and got up (kind of). I gave it a try and got up. It took alot of squealing and screaming for me to get up though. Zach and Shane thought that it was pretty funny to take pictures of me while I was trying. There was a airplane crash at the lake Sat. morning. Kris, Melanie and I ran the Raspberry Days 5K race. It was alot of fun to run and be with them. We had milk can dinner and played noodle soccer. We went swimming in the swimming pool. It was nice to spend time with the family.


On Monday morning on my way home from Bear Lake I stopped at 7-11 for a drink and to go to the bathroom. I was just about to walk into the restroom when a man stopped me and said " I wouldn't go in there for a couple of minutes." I stopped. He said "I just pooped in there." I said "oh", and turned and walked off (trying not to laugh). So I was thinking, would you stop somebody or would you just let them go in? I am pretty sure that I wouldn't stop anyone. I would just get out of Dodge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is too funny (the gas station story). Why would you claim that? It reminds me of when Zach and I had just barely gotten married. we had stopped at a gas station and he was in the bathroom for like 20 minutes! Long enough that a line had formed and people started wondering if anyone was actually in the bathroom. I thought about telling them "yes, my husband's in there" but decided to go hide in the car instead. I didn't want to be around when he finally walked out in front of everyone!

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.