Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday To ME!

Shane just bought me a early B-day present. I am now the proud owner of a Santa Cruz Blur LT with an anodized frame! It has been alot of fun to ride! I look forward to being able to get and hit some trails.

Car update- The Hondarooski is still at the car doctor undergoing more tests. Cross your fingers that it is a simple fix!

Heidie and I are planning to ride a 100 miles tomorrow morning. On Sat. morning I rode 52 miles. The bicyclists Sat. morning were very friendly. All of them waved or acknowledged me. Some of the time some cyclists don't acknowledge you. What's up with that? I don't need like a huge wave, just a little hey would be ok!

So Sat. I went to Logan to pick up a few things. There was a guy walking down the sidewalk with a Big Gulp in hand. It looked like he puked while he was walking. He didn't stop walking or bend over or anything. He just kept walking while he spewed stuff everywhere. I guess if it was me I wouldn't stop either (since he was on main street in Logan). Just act like nothin' ever happened!

We are gearing up for a Bear Lake week and also JT's B-Day. He will be turning 14. (WOW)

I was glad that Miles finally posted about his Sat. ride, because I was wondering how the ride went for him. Way to go Miles!

Over and out!

PS A question to ponder for the day: Have you ever received a food gift or item from someone, and wondered if they poisoned it or might have put ex-lax in it? Did you pitch it? Or did you try it?

No comments:

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.