Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Catching Up?

I just recently read Miles's blog. I took a good look at his new ride. I have to ask, I guess because I am not in the know how. But why a single speed? Is it about the challenge? It is a fun looking bike, but I would like to know why people buy them.

I have been so excited to ride my new mountain bike. So you would think that as a stay at home mom that I would have plenty of time to ride, but I have not had any time to ride. I have been so busy with soccer and other things. I guess I did make a couple of big batches of salsa, and froze a ton of corn.

Now that the goal of finishing LOTOJA is done I need to decide what is next. I have alot of thoughts. Marathon? LOTOJA? LOTOJA relay? Wasatch Back? STP? Washington, Oregon Coast Ride? Triatholon? Trail Running Series? All of them??????
After my tennis class on Weds. I have been taking a swimming lesson. I tell you, swimming is a struggle for me! I panic with my face in the water. But I do have to say that I have improved from the 1st time to the 2nd time. I hope that I keep improving and becoming more comfortable in the water.

I am still contemplating a trail run in Ogden on Sat. I really am not up to par for running 7 miles. But I figure that I can endure it and give it my best.

I drove to Pleasant View on Mon. morning. The drive up Sardine canyon was really beautiful! I hope that the drive next week will be as beautiful. Arie is worrying that is almost Halloween because that means time for the flu shot. It is interesting to me that she remembers that the shot always happens around Halloween.

I had the opportunity to attend my cousins funeral on Tues. It gave me a chance to think about how thankful I am for my family, friends, other blessings in my life and the gospel.

No comments:

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.