Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's the final COUNTDOWN!

Here it is the night before the eve of the race. I am starting to pack food and making lists. I put on new tires, tubes and brake pads today. As I read other blogs I wonder if I am prepared enough. I have come down with a hurt leg. I have had a stomach bug this week. So I think that by Sat. I should have everything worked out. Oh, and lest I forget the bag I ordered for my bike for the race will not arrive until Mon. I mean come on. I ordered the stinking thing on Aug.25th. So I placed another overnight order to get the bag by tomorrow.

Today JT asked me why I wanted to pay $300.00 (not really what it cost) to do this race. I and I asked him "why not?" He said you could just go do this ride alone without paying all of this money. I told him that I was just doing it for the sticker! (He offered to make me a sticker just like the LOTOJA sticker.) Thanks JT.

The next time that I will post will be after the race. I am hoping for good things to report.
Ride on!

1 comment:

Maycock Family said...

Good Luck Kara!! We will say a little prayer for you tomorrow morning! At least you can say that you have attempted the race and maybe tomorrow night you can say you fineshed the race! Good Luck we will be thinking of you.

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.