Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Green Canyon







Today I had a great ride! Heidie and I left the parking lot of Green Canyon around 10:15 am. The temperature said 35 degrees. We dressed pretty warmly. As we headed up the canyon we started to warm up. Heidie ditched some of her clothing off the track. The higher we climbed up in the canyon the more snow and ice there was. All of the single track was a ton of fun. When we got to the point where we were stopping we both decided that our feet were totally froze. We cruised down but, we went a little slower due to the fact that we were very cold. As we came to the lower section some of the snow had started melting. That made for a mud fest. It was great fun. Mud up the front and mud up the back. It was fine until it made my seat rather slick to sit on.
When we got back down to the trucks, we decided that we would go to lunch. We had hat hair and muddy clothes, but we thought that some hot food sounded better than looking good. I think I had a smile on my face the whole ride. These are a couple of the pictures I took today. I don't think that the bike picture quite shows how really muddy the bike was.

On another train of thought...... After my U11 soccer game on Sat. another one of the coaches was talking to the kids about practicing on their own because our season was over until we start indoor. He told them " It's the things that we do when no one is watching that makes us great." He related how this applies in life not just soccer. I have been really thinking how true this is with everything that you do in life.


I read another post a while ago that has caused me to do some thinking. The blogger wrote that she felt like a wannabe. I thought about that because there is a lot of things that I wanna do. I might run, bike, swim or play tennis but I never win the race or take 1st place. But I set goals for myself to try something new out of my comfort zone, or finish the next race a little bit faster or go a little longer. So, I was wondering if this made me a wannabe because I was not winning the race. I have thought for a few weeks about this and I have concluded that it is ok if I am a wannabe because I enjoy what I am doing. I like setting new goals and trying. Sure, sometimes it is really scary to stretch yourself, but wow when you accomplish it!! So, I don't think fellow blogger that you are a wannabe because I think that you can be whatever you want to be! I also think that you a extremely talented person! ( If this blogger person reads this I hope that you take this as a compliment.)






1 comment:

Addi said...

Kara, thanks for the comment on my blog. I have to admit, I looked at yours a long time ago and have even tried your yummy white sheet cake recipe. Maybe it's time for you to post some MORE recipes! :)

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.