Sunday, May 17, 2009

Marathon Report




The good news is I finished the marathon. With my injuries and training, I was wondering if I could finish. So I was happy to finish. The worst part of the whole deal was that I felt good other than the pain in my knee. Which I think is still that darn IT band. The "Special" cream that the Dr. gave me did NOT help in any way! I will stick to 1/2 marathons, bike races/events, try a tri & other stuff that doesn't hurt so much. I am glad that I was able to run with Kris. I hope that I didn't hold her back. We were able to finish together. Shane, JT, Arie, Jared, Brecklyn and Trey were all at the finish line waiting for us and cheering us on!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Kara, I am so proud of u!!! u rock!!! I am looking forward to cycling w/u and Heidie:) Hope I can keep up w/u 2 pros:)it might be a slow go but I will do my best:)

Pitcherpost said...

congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment. I want to run a marathon one day solely for the bragging rights. I detest running, so that might be a hard goal!

Melanie

Maycock Family said...

AWESOME!! We are so excited for you guys!

kajohnson said...

Teresa, we are no pro's.... but we would luv to have you come w/us!!!

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.