Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

I have no fun and exciting pictures to share. But here is a update on my life. We have recently had a pretty bad bout of illness with Arie this week. She seems to be on the mend now. We have been busy with soccer, scouts, track, PTO, and everything else. Our family had to speak in church last week. We are glad to have that over with. It keeps raining alot. And it keeps raining. I guess that is how it goes when you have a new bike waiting to be rode!

Since I opted for the new bike instead of the car, I decided to have a little work done on the car. The Honda was in the shop for 2 weeks!! I truly missed my car! I called the mechanic everyday. I'm not sure if the work that was done to it helped any. I also sold my old road bike. It pulled at my heartstrings a little to see the old guy go. We had spent many miles together.

I am in the final preparations for the Marathon. I will pick up the special cream for my legs on Monday. This is supposed to block pain and inflammation, so hopefully I can finish the race!

I have still been continuing my swim lessons. I am excited because that is going well. I am starting a new program on Weds. called TRX. I am excited to give it a try.

I need the sun to shine so I can ride my bike! I am tired of standing in the rain at soccer games. I need the sun! I need the sun!

The good news is that school is almost out and I got confirmation on the LOTOJA entry!!!

5 comments:

melanie said...

so is it still raining???

melanie said...

Hows the training for Lotoja going?

kajohnson said...

It has kind of stopped raining. But it is not super warm yet. I have not really started training yet for LOTOJA, I have to live through the marathon first! Are you guys ready to move?

Pitcherpost said...

Yeah, pretty much, Mom and Dad get here Thurs and then the fun begins... I hope. We tried to get most of the packing done the past few days. 1 week from today I'll be driving a 24 ft truck down to Memphis!!!

kajohnson said...

I hope that you have a great weekend! I sent something for you with Mom and Dad! I will be thinking about you! Way to go! Jace wanted to come and see you graduate!

Fav Recipes

White Texas Sheet Cake (from PD mag)

2 Cups Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Cup of water

In a saucepan combine butter and water;bring to a boil stirring occasionally. In a seperate large bowl combine the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder.
After the butter/water comes to a boil add to flour mixture stirring to combine it. Stir in the sour cream, eggs and the almond extract. Pour into greased cookie sheet and bake @350 for 22-25 min. Frost cake while still warm with Butter Frosting (see below)

Butter Frosting

1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. milk 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 Cups powdered sugar
Bring the butter and milk to a boil stirring occasionally. Remove from heat whisk in the almond extract and then gradually whisk in the powdered sugar.